Adviser on Innovation, Regional Development and International Relations
Prof. Eric HAUBRUGE
University innovation policy
In constant interaction with the Rector's team and the CURE, with regards to innovation, the Adviser ensures the follow-up of a proactive policy that results in:
- his participation in internal and external bodies related to innovation;
- the construction and expansion of networks of public/private partners and actors in the economic and social sectors, which implies an active presence in existing structures and organisations;
- the search for external funding for major projects, which are key to the University’s structure and strategy, and major partnerships, which focus more on university and/or economic partners.
Initiation and monitoring of projects related to regional development
Concerning regional development, the Adviser:
- is a member of the relevant external bodies;
- ensures the coordination of the University's actions and initiatives in these matters and in the context of the redeployment of the Liège, Namur and Luxembourg zones;
- participates in external consultation and decision-making bodies on regional development and innovation.
Development of the University's international relations (under the responsibility of the Rector and the First Vice-Rector)
In conjunction with the First Vice-Rector, on the subject of international relations, the Adviser:
- participates in university, regional and national missions;
- participates in FWB bodies related to international relations;
- collaborates on the institutional international relations strategy;
- participates in external consultation and decision-making bodies in the field of international relations;
- monitors aspects relating to the valorisation of research, industrial development and regional economic redeployment.