Labels and accreditations
The constant quality approach in which the University of Liège is engaged results in obtaining a series of international labels and accreditations, which are general or specific to certain faculties or programmes.
Labels in training programmes
ULiège benefits from the three labels of the European Commission: ECTS, Diploma Supplement, and HR Strategy for Researchers. These guarantee the quality of reception, information, and working conditions for Belgian and international students and researchers.
- The training programmes of bioengineers and civil engineers are EUR-ACE accredited, a label of the ENAEE (European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education). In France, these programmes are recognised by the CTI (Commission of Engineering Titles).
- HEC Liège, Management School of the University of Liège, has international EQUIS accreditation (for the College) issued by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) as well as, since August 2018, the prestigious AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) quality label.
- The Faculties HEC Liège and Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech have joined the club of member institutions of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
- Since 2022, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Liège has been re-accredited by the Association of European Veterinary Educational Institutions (AEEEV). The European veterinary experts praised the effectiveness of the Faculty's educational initiatives in meeting quality standards.
- L’European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) awarded its quality label to three international masters programmes in February 2022: EMerald, AMIS and AMIR. The University of Liège thus becomes the European university most involved in international masters courses having received the EIT label.
These different labels guarantee the quality of internal procedures making it possible to attain academic excellence for training programmes, Faculties, and the University as a whole.
These quality labels are important benchmarks for students while they choose their programme. For alumni, they are reassured of the benefits of a diploma recognised by professional circles.
HR Excellence in Research
The "HR Excellence in Research" award gives public recognition to research institutions that have made progress in aligning their human resource policies to the 40 principles of the Charter & Code, based on a customized action plan/HR strategy.
Recognition by the OMS for the quality control of medication
After having been the first European university in 2014 to receive the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification for the quality control of medication, ULiège has been the first university in the world pre-qualified by the World Health Organization (since 2016).
The external certification processes also extend to the activities of the General Information Service (SEGI) of ULiège, which complies with ISO / IEC 9001, ISO / IEC 27001 and PRINCE2.