Research and Innovation Administration
The Research and Innovation Administration provides all the internal and external support needed by researchers and research units to carry out the research and development mission.
- to assist the Rector and the Research Councils by providing them with the tools and data necessary for the definition and implementation of the institutional strategic policy. In particular, it guarantees the secretariat for Research Councils, manages programmes and calls for institutional research projects, and contributes to the institutional management of research structures and infrastructures. It participates in the collection and dissemination of research-related information at ULiège.
- respond to the major challenges of funding and managing the contractual research projects: the sources of funding are multiple and scattered, the demands in terms of quality and regulations for project proposals sometimes excessive, partnerships difficult to organise and to manage. It supports Research Units and researchers in their search for funding, by meeting their information, contact, project filing and project negotiation needs. It helps, if the teams so wish, with the management of complex multi-partner projects and can intervene in tricky situations.
- provide personalised support to researchers for their personal mandate research contracts and their professional development. It has gained expertise in providing transversal training and support to researchers for their professional projects. It houses the Euraxess European Mobility Centre, which informs, assists and welcomes international mobility researchers (in and out) and the Euracess Career Development Centre. It pilots the HRS4R process for the implementation of the principles of the European Researcher Charter.
- coordinating the activities and actions of the PhD Council: doctoral duration master plan, collaborative management platform for PhD students, cross-doctoral training, graduate follow-up. It provides information and welcomes doctoral students in collaboration with promoters and colleges of doctoral students, and maintains close relations with the network of doctoral students (RED).
- animating networks of other higher education institutions: academies of the French-speaking Community, universities of applied sciences, universities of the Euregio (ALMA Network) and of the Greater Region (Uni-GR Network). Its opinion is sought in various committees of experts at the community, regional, national and international levels. It participates in various projects in which it places its experience and expertise at the disposal of the partners.
- Contribute actively to knowledge dissemination activities for the general public, in partnership with Réjouisciences (MT180, Nuit des chercheurs, Doc'cafés)
The Innovation Department's mission is:
to foster and encourage the innovation process within the University and its ecosystem, a process that comes downstream from research results that may be useful to Society in order to build and validate; this mission is fulfilled by setting up and running a very dynamic and comprehensive eco-system focused on creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, within Liège Science Park via Liège Créative, Luxembourg Créative and other creative hubs, as well as through cross-border partnerships for innovation to detect, validate, mature and transfer technology or knowledge to the economic world according to the Open Innovation scheme; these transfer methods range from research in collaboration with companies (RW Projects, Marshal Plan, H2020...), to the creation of spin-off companies, moving towards intellectual protection and the generation of licenses for companies.
Research Department: Isabelle HALLEUX
Innovation Departement: Didier MATTIVI
- Communication Department
- Academic Affairs Department
- Public contracts, purchases and commitments (CESAME)
- Student Quality of Life Department
- Quality Management and Accompaniment Department (SMAQ)
- Data Collection and Analysis and Strategically Useful Information (RADIUS)
- University Department for the Physical Control of Radiation (SUCPR)
- Hygiene and Health Protection at Work (SUPHT)
- General IT Department
- International Relations Office
- Legal Affairs Department
- Property Resources Administration
- Financial Resources Administration
- Human Resources Administration
- Registration Department