University Department for the Physical Control of Radiation (SUCPR)
Since its creation in 1965, the University’s Department for the Physical Control of Radiation is responsible for applying and respecting the Royal Decree regarding the General Regulation for the protection of the population and workers against the danger of ionising radiation (RGPRI).
The SUCPR carries out this mission both at the University of Liège and in public and private hospitals.
In addition to the physical control of facilities where ionizing radiation sources and/or equipment are used, the SUCPR also handles the transport and management of radioactive waste, and monitors the external dosimetry of professionally exposed workers.
At the same time, SUCPR makes its skills available in:
- annual radiation protection information for personnel
- training for students and healthcare professionals
- vocational training outside the university environment
- shielding calculations for installations involving ionizing radiation
- consultancy for radiation protection requirements
Management: Véra PIRLET
- Registration and Admission Office
- Student Quality of Life Department
- Financial Resources Administration
- Property Resources Administration
- Academic Affairs Department
- Legal Affairs Department
- Research, Innovation, Support and Entreprises (RISE)
- Hygiene and Health Protection at Work (SUPHT)
- International Relations Office
- Communication Department
- General IT Department
- Public contracts, purchases and commitments (CESAME)
- Human Resources Administration