A New Visual Identity
In 2017, the University of Liège has a new visual identity that preserves its history and resolutely focused on its new 11 Faculties and City: Liège.
With the latter, the Institution intends to:
- Affirm the pride of belonging to the University of Liège
- Develop and assert the presence of the University of Liège in the public domain
- Present the objectives of the University of Liège under a common banner
The new identity, developed with Hoet&Hoet, retains:
- The design of the coat-of-arms: a coat-of-arms which constitutes a classic, historical and international reference in the academic world
- The design of the "open book": The opening in the new logo suggests "a path toward knowledge, a learning route"
It also introduces new elements:
- Balanced and multi-colour triangles that represent the diversity and nesting of sets (Faculties, departments, etc.) creating a whole, the University of Liège
- Strong and explicit affirmation of the link with the city of which we are the University, LIÈGE, Walloon Metropolis, in capital letters (LIÈGE University). This link is also found in the L formed in the opening of the coat-of-arms. This link with the installation territories and cities of the University of Liège (Gembloux and Arlon) is found in the planned variations of the visual identity.
To use the institutional logo, obtain files in different formats or advice on compliance with the graphic charter, submit a request to the Communication Department.