University of the Greater Region (UniGR)
The University of the Greater Region is a network of seven universities (the Universities of Kaiserslautern, Liège, Lorraine, Luxembourg, Saarland, Trier, and htw saar as an associated partner) located in the border area of the Greater Region (Germany - Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland; Belgium - Wallonia, French and German-speaking communities of Belgium; France - Grand-Est region (Lorraine); Grand Duchy of Luxembourg).
The University of the Greater Region was created thanks to a grant from the European Union as part of the Interreg IV A Greater Region program. Ratified in September 2008, the "University of the Greater Region" project began on October 15, 2008 and ended in spring 2013.
Emphasis of the collaboration has been placed on certain key areas: Biomedicine, Materials and Border Studies. The inter-university actions envisaged at this stage mainly concern research but also teaching (co-diplomation, co-supervision, mobility, exchanges, etc.).
On the other hand, some expert committees (EC ) continue their work started in the Interreg UniGR project to facilitate administrative collaborations between the six universities.
Request for support for the initiation of a project or student mobility in the Greater Region
The University of Liège offers the university community two budget lines to support projects in the framework of university cooperation in the Greater Region:
- financing of projects in the framework of the seed fund of the University of the Greater Region
- student mobility fund in the Greater Region.
UniGR at ULiège | Expert committee and contacts
- financial engineering - RISE Administration
- libraries - Paul Thirion
- language training - Marielle Maréchal, Jean-Marc Defays and Laurence Wéry
- Intellectual Property - Geoffrey Gloire and Nicole Antheunis
- Legal Services - Marie-Noëlle Dupont
- Disability & University Structures - Florence Elleboudt and Catherine Cuvelier
- Doctoral training - Evelyne Favart
- Co-diplomation - Catherine Dassis
- Teacher mobility - Linda Agro and Valérie Melotte
- Blended e-learning - Dominique Verpoorten
- Communication - Julie Louis
Learn more about UniGR
- UniGR presentation brochure
- UniGR, one of the first European universities?
- The University of the Greater Region celebrates its 10th anniversary!