House of Human Sciences
Founded by the University of Liège in March 2013, the House of Human Sciences (MSH-fr) seeks to promote the exchange of knowledge on topics relating to Citizenship.
In alignment with the teaching and research missions, the House of Human Sciences acts as part of the third mission of the universities. It seriously endeavours to build a socially responsible University and strives to address issues that impact both the University and the City.
The MSH organises the meeting between academics, researchers, practitioners and civil society actors by supporting citizen initiatives carried out by ULiège researchers. In addition, it collects, reviews and processes requests for partnership projects from the City and external partners.
MSH proposes is a space for reflection and debates where citizens and academic knowledge circulate and are enriched.
To accomplish this, three clusters of activities are invested:
- Research: workshops for the co-construction of knowledge, a call for projects and cross-expertise laboratories
- Publications: Dialogues on diversity: first book of the MSH collection at the Presses Universitaires de Liège
- Events: a calendar of activities, an academic contest "Aux encres, Citoyens"!
MSH's engagement is built around four thematic axes:
- City and territory
- Democracy and representation
- Science, technology and society
- Economy, culture and social life